ProgramDue to COVID-19 the Regina Junior Squash Program is not offering group lessons at this time. If you are interested in private lessons with Matthew Mutschler and Chris Martin, please contact Chris Martin directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Fall program starts in September and runs to December. The Winter Program starts early January and runs to the end of April. Registration will open/commence in August for the Fall session and in December for the January session. Once registration has been submitted, coaches will determine the best placement of the junior based on age/skill-level. After this a Payment Request will be sent out via email. All payments are completed online through the Members Area.
2. Lesson times will vary depending on the class/level that the junior is enrolled in. Those in the advanced categories can expect 2 lessons per week running from 1.5 to 2 hours/lesson. Those in the beginner classes can expect lessons 1x per week running 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Each junior is required to have a valid Evolution Fitness membership (Included in the registration fee). Those juniors who are part of a current family membership at Evolution can have these fees waived. Juniors will receive an Evolution "key tag" that must be shown at the front desk before each lesson.
4. Every player must be a member of Sask Squash BEFORE signing up for the Regina Junior Squash Program – which costs only $10 each year.
To become a member go to http://www.sasksquash.com/become-a-member.php .
5. Fees will vary depending on the specific program stream the junior is enrolled. Please see the pricing tab for more detail.
6. Juniors are expected to have the appropriate squash attire & equipment for lessons. Appropriate squash clothing include shorts & tshirt and shoes with non-marking soles. Juniors should have a squash racquet and MUST have appropriate eye protection and will not be allowed on court without eye-guards. * Racquets and eye-guards are not provided by the program
7. Juniors are expected to be on-time for lessons (dressed, shoes on) and ready to be on court by the indicated start time, and/or let their coaches know in advance if they are unable to attend their lessons.
8. Juniors & their parents are expected to be respectful of coaches and other juniors at all times.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us !Contact Us
Beginner - Intermediate
This class has one practice per week and geared toward young & first time players during which the rules of squash will be taught. The focus is on building a strong foundation of proper stroke mechanics and court movement. The goal of this class is to hit the ball, serve and return serve, and rally.
This class has one practice per week and geared towards players who are interested in the Regina Squash League and local tournaments. The focus is on building a strong foundation of proper footwork and strokes to enable the players to execute a sound strategic squash game.
Advanced Levels 1 & 2
Level 1 (Yellow):
This class has two practices per week. The focus is on building a strong foundation of proper footwork and strokes to enable the players to execute a sound strategic squash game. These players are committed to playing in the Provincial tournaments and may travel out of province. These players have a goal moving up to the Advanced Level 2 class. These juniors are strongly encouraged to participate in the Regina Squash League.
Level 2 (Red):
This class has two practices per week. The focus is on developing excellent footwork and strokes and introducing practices emphasizing strategy. These players are committed to playing in provincial tournaments and travelling out of province to obtain a national ranking. These players have a goal making Saskatchewan’s Canada Winter Games Squash Team. These juniors are strongly encouraged to participate in the Regina Squash League.